Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) aka Android 4.0 operating system was released which suits Samsung Galaxy SII phones now available online. You can upgrade your phone to Android Ice Cream Sandwich via KIES 2.0 or FOTA.
To upgrade your mobile to Ice Cream Sandwich, you have to upgrade KIES to the latest version. For upgrading your mobile OS through FOTA, large firmware file you have to download it on your mobile. So it’s strongly recommended to use high speed WI-FI connection while upgrading your mobile to ICS through FOTA.
Major Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Improvements:
- Platform upgrades Android 2.3 Gingerbread → Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Face Unlock and Android Beam are added
- Mobile Network Data usage function is added
- Usability of multi-tasking and some applications is improved
- Because of ICS OS feature, Adobe flash and Bluetooth 3.0 HS will not be supported in ICS OS (Bluetooth 3.0 is supported still)
Source: Samsung GSPN